[sdiy] anyone tried this SMPSU?

ColinMuirDorward colindorward at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 23:25:36 CET 2021

I know there are many opinions about linear vs SM. Personally, I've always
built linear supplies, since I have a better chance of fixing them. Linear
seems like a more straight forward approach. OTOH most of the gear in my
studio uses SMPSUs and I make music just fine on those.
Here is an attractive package with an attractive price, at around $20cad:
https://www.meanwell-web.com/content/files/pdfs/productPdfs/MW/PD-25/PD-25-spec.pdf
Sizewise, it's perfect for installing in small, independently powered rack
cases, which is my preferred arrangement.
Any thoughts?
Any other favorite choices I should be aware of?
Thanks!
Colin

--
https://www.instagram.com/colinmuirdorward/