[sdiy] BLEP, PolyBLEP, aliasing, etc

Eric Brombaugh ebrombaugh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 16:21:59 CET 2021

On 2/16/21 6:39 AM, Richie Burnett wrote:
> I've uploaded some audio examples of what you can expect from these
> different synthesis techniques if anyone is interested:
>
> http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/temp/blep/

Excellent work! It's all well and good to sit in the ivory tower and
argue about the concept of perfection. It's another thing entirely to
lay it out on the table and actually listen to what it sounds like.

As mentioned earlier, a lot of what happens in the audio world isn't
about perfection - it's about what you can reasonably get away with.
Human senses have limits and despite what the golden ears may say, it's
often pretty easy to step around them.

Eric