[sdiy] Digital accumulator VCO core?

Brian Willoughby brianw at audiobanshee.com
Tue Feb 16 02:41:18 CET 2021

On Feb 15, 2021, at 17:34, cheater cheater wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 2:28 AM Brian Willoughby wrote:
>> I just realized that I should have written sinc as cos(x)/x because that's symmetric around x == 0.
>
> cos(x)/x is not sinc and is a completely different function,
> unrelated, and does not have any of the same properties.

Oops. I briefly got confused because sinc *looks* like cos() ... but that's because sin(x)/x ends up being positive immediately below x = 0 because sin(x) is negative when x is negative, and the result is positive again. Sorry.

>> How do you avoid canceling out the step itself?
>
> You don't. You want it to cancel out.

Wait. This doesn't make sense. If you cancel out the step in a sawtooth, you don't have a sawtooth any more. How does that work?

Brian