[sdiy] Digital accumulator VCO core?

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Mon Feb 15 23:32:29 CET 2021

The point as not to remove the aliases by *filtering* but by *cancellation*.

Imagine you could create a waveform that consisted of only “anti-aliases” that would eliminate the aliased harmonics when applied to the original signal. That’s what we’re doing.

Yes, the usual scenario is that the sample rate is fixed and therefore the band-limited data only needs to be derived once. You can do all the hard sums offline, generate one massive look-up table of the band-limited edge correction, and then you just paste the right bits into the right places and all the aliasing disappears. That’s why I described it as “magical”!

Tom