[sdiy] Digital accumulator VCO core?

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Mon Feb 15 21:37:21 CET 2021

It was never designed as an effect.  Autotune splits a signal up into hundreds of frequency bands, then works out if the prime element in that band is 'on-tune' to whatever key you specify, and if not moves the frequency slightly so that it is.  It then adds all the reconstructed elements back together so that the singer is in-tune.  It's thus quite easy to add a noise gate in each band so that if there is no significant activity in that band the band is nulled.