[sdiy] ADc & DAC voltage dividers.. fixed resistors values finally..

Veronica Merryfield veronica at merryfield.ca
Sun Feb 14 21:43:10 CET 2021

I think your ADC input has too much resistance and capacitance to meet 16bits at 200Ksps.

The input to the ADC should be treated as an RC time constant. To meet 16 bit you need 11Tc periods which need to fit 1.1us to run at the rated 200Ksps. That means RC=1.1us/11. C is 40pf in the ADC, so the input impedance should be less than 2k5. Your drive impedance is higher and you added a significant capacitor load too. Were you meaning to put a 3Khz LPF ahead of the ADC?