[sdiy] ADc & DAC voltage dividers.. fixed or trimmer adjustables ??

Jay Schwichtenberg jschwich53 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 13 23:08:38 CET 2021

For me it depends on how this is used.

If this is in a system like a sample and hold where the ADC value is
output to the DAC without processing then I would just have the ADC
trim. But I would also put in some way to tweak the input to match the
output in firmware. Maybe some form of LUT (Look Up Table) or maybe vectors.

If the ADC input is processed in some way then I would go with trimming
both.

Couple of other things, don't know if this is a concept or final design.
I worked in T&M (test and measurement) a lot and would put some form of
over voltage protection on the ADC input. I just do that out of habit
since I've seen a lot of things toasted with static and over voltage
(not synths but T&M gear). Also I like keeping input impedance at 100K.

Jay S.