[sdiy] ADc & DAC voltage dividers.. fixed or trimmer adjustables ??

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Sat Feb 13 23:02:59 CET 2021

Always GOOD quality metal film fixed resistors.  The noise from trimmers is far more than the LSB of a 16 bit ADC/DAC.  If you need to adjust the gain then change the resistor values.  And always use the lowest values you can use without overloading the driving amplifiers so as to reduce Johnson noise.