[sdiy] Digital accumulator VCO core?

cheater cheater cheater00social at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 06:52:38 CET 2021

I know there's Hermode tuning also which means that whatever chord
you're playing will be pitch bent a bit to be more in tune. Which is
an interesting development on the whole idea of voice algorithms.
However, the synths I looked at that had this (Waldorf) didn't seem to
have any control over how this is done, so you couldn't set your
specific scale, so I don't know how this would have created good
results unless it always assumed the root note was the lowest note
being played. You could also wish for the ability to have a mod wheel
like controller that selects just how dissonant the chord should be,
for expression - and what sort of dissonance you're looking for
(slow/fast beating). For that last one, maybe a performance controller
like the CS80's sliders (the ones that have a wide knob and turn at an
angle) would be better than a mod wheel style controller.