[sdiy] Digital accumulator VCO core?

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Thu Feb 11 14:18:11 CET 2021

This would be the function of an integrator, wouldn’t it?

Easy enough to build one of those with an op-amp. The problem tends to be keeping the output within reasonable limits, since a perfect integrator will just keep adding and adding and adding - that’s ok as long as you get as much “down” as you get “up” (that is to say, as much negative voltage/current as positive). Otherwise, you need a leaky integrator to help “forget” some of the past.

Tom

       Electric Druid
Synth & Stompbox DIY