[sdiy] Digital accumulator VCO core?

mark verbos markverbos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 13:55:24 CET 2021

I’m certain is does. ;)
Level and  symmetry have a big effect on subsequent wave quality. Both saw and triangle cores come with their own problems. Unfortunately, if you REALLY nail it, you get something that sounds like an organ. That’s why in mine the focus is really on dynamic mixing of the harmonics rather than worrying about the wave purity too much.
Incidentally, in the design phase I prototyped a multiplexed EPROM look up table based on the Wiard Waveform City idea, but I couldn’t get it the not have major aliasing problems.
Potentially a saw based multipier based on ladders of resistors and comparators could work, but then you would need tons of saw to tri converters too, so I stuck with triangle based wave folders.

Mark