[sdiy] Digital accumulator VCO core?

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Wed Feb 10 00:05:28 CET 2021

I think if you're going to do complex additive synthesis then staying all digital until a single final DAC is the more sensible approach.  My system has over 1200 sinewave voices on a single small PCB, and I can link up to a dozen such boards.  It probably could create most sounds short of the human voice but the problem is how to control it creatively in a reasonable timescale.