[sdiy] Digital accumulator VCO core?

Brian Willoughby brianw at audiobanshee.com
Tue Feb 9 09:35:50 CET 2021

On Feb 8, 2021, at 23:46, cheater cheater wrote:
> (note: you might think you probably don't want to run the
> synth engine at 12 MHz, but that's what most virtual analogs run at,
> 192 kHz at 64x oversampling)

Really? Do you have a citation for that?

Are you talking about software virtual analogs (plugins on standard OS inside a typical DAW) or hardware virtual analogs (DSP firmware)?

Sounds like you're talking about the DAC only, which takes input at 192 kHz PCM and internally calculates delta-sigma at 64x oversampling. There aren't any 24-bit DACs that run at 12 MHz. I've not seen any audio hardware running streams at 12.288 MHz conversion rates.

Brian