[sdiy] Jupiter 8 not booting

Michael E Caloroso mec.forumreader at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 02:01:25 CET 2021

Heat shortens the life of most electrolytic capacitors especially in
guitar amps.

Some electrolytic caps are just plain poor design with short life.

I don't subscribe to the adage of automatically replacing old
electrolytic caps.  When I recap'd my Oberheim OB-X, I took
before/after pictures of the voltage rails.  Verdict: no difference.

MC