[sdiy] Jupiter 8 not booting

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Sat Feb 6 01:01:47 CET 2021

No it's there in the spec sheets.  Electrolytics have a specified lifetime, usually at 105degC, of between 1000 and 10000 hours.  To a first approximation, you then double that time for each 10 deg C you reduce the temperature by, so a 1000 hour cap operating at 45 deg C should last 64000 hours, about 7 years, if left on 24/7.   But a 10000 hour one should outlive you.