[sdiy] Tap tempo question

Adam Inglis (synthDIY) synthdiy at adambaby.com
Thu Feb 4 00:09:54 CET 2021

> On 4 Feb 2021, at 6:36 am, Ingo Debus <igg.debus at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I believe the idea of tap tempo (opposed to adjusting the tempo with a knob) is, that it’s easier to follow „human“ (i. e. varying) tempo.

Ableton Live has a tap tempo button, to adjust the tempo of the DAW to the piece being auditioned. It also has two “phase nudge” buttons that “temporarily speed up or slow down Live’s playback” to allow tempo matching. I believe this is to replicate a DJs approach where a vinyl record’s speed can be subtly adjusted on the fly for beat matching.