[sdiy] Casio CZ-3000 with mains to chassis fault

cheater cheater cheater00social at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 16:24:28 CEST 2021

Hi all,
I have just unwrapped a new-to-me Casio CZ-3000, which seems to be in
excellent condition cosmetically. As I was unwrapping it, the metal
chassis gave me a pretty strong shock. I assume that was the mains
capacitor unloading into the chassis and ground. The keyboard wasn't
plugged in and hasn't been plugged in for weeks. I was wondering if
anyone knew of any common faults that this keyboard might have that
would cause this.

Best regards