[sdiy] Best chinese PCB manufacturer ---> who could handle HPGL files too..

Mike Beauchamp list at mikebeauchamp.com
Mon Aug 30 04:45:20 CEST 2021

On 8/26/21 9:36 AM, Jean-Pierre Desrochers wrote:

> So…. Starting from there does anybody know a Chinese manufacturer
> _who could handle my *HPGL* files for the front panel job ?_
>
> JP

Hi JP,

So what is in the HPGL file? Is it just the silkscreen layer graphics,
since you said there's no holes or traces?

Inkscape (a free opensource vector graphics program) can open HPGL
files. It can also save the file as a BMP file, which can be imported
into the silkscreen layer by KICAD - and from there you can make
GERBERS. I know that's a bit convoluted, but at least now you have
gerbers that can be sent out.

I have done inkscape graphics into KICAD silkscreen recently to make
some nice logos and it works as it should.

I also see kicad can import DXF files into any layer, which inkscape
would also be able to convert your HPGL file into - which might work
better (or worse).

Mike