[sdiy] Best chinese PCB manufacturer (cheap and fast) to Canada and USA ?

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Sun Aug 29 02:20:33 CEST 2021

They withdrew their original matte black a few years ago after I complained it was terrible and they refunded me.  I've heard the new one is much better but haven't used it yet.   Their packaging is always very good and I've never had scratches on the red resist I normally use.

Their assembly is currently a bit hit and miss still as so many parts are hard to get.  Six months ago they said they were working on taking consignment parts for hand soldering, but not for machine placement as they would need to be programmed into the SMD machines.  But their thru hole works out pretty expensive on a per joint basis.  Far better to convert everything to SMD if you can, even if it gives a more expensive BOM.

I don't use their jacks but they've just switched to a nice range of XLR compatibles.  They're not quite Neutrik quality but for lower cost fixed applications where you aren't replugging all the time offer very good value.

What would be good is if they could reserve parts for loading until they had the full BOM, but so far no luck on that one.