[sdiy] headphone driver for synths

Brian Willoughby brianw at audiobanshee.com
Sat Aug 28 23:05:07 CEST 2021

This is interesting. The National Semiconductor Application Note has absolutely no commentary on the circuit other than the title, "Power Booster."

NS uses the LM108, and the schematic is different from the one Roman shared because it has no negative feedback! Instead, pin 8, the compensation input, is used as a sort of feedback, even though that's not shown anywhere in the Linear Technology data sheet for the LM108.

Brian