[sdiy] Best chinese PCB manufacturer (cheap and fast) to Canada and USA ?

David Riley fraveydank at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 13:58:08 CEST 2021

Personally, on the US side, I've used DEC (https://dec-assembly.com) and Advanced Assembly for professional stuff.

DEC will get the job done well for large boards (including BGAs, etc) and at least as of last time I used them, they were very good about the BOM check, DRC stuff, and general sanity checking of your design (including asking about some things like "did you put this USB port in upside down?" that were intentional, but would have been a good catch).  I don't think I'd use it for proto orders unless you wanted to do a test run of something that was going to production.

Advanced Assembly did a good job for my small protos, but their price doesn't scale well.  Fast service, though, and they did a good job on a pretty tiny and dense board, and getting the protos right is pretty important.

My recollection is that both of them would order the parts for you with appropriate overages for a small fee, but I already had the parts in both cases (and in the synth world, you may wind up dealing with vintage parts that can't be ordered), so in both cases I wound up doing the consignment.  They sent a PDF with labels and I printed them up, cut them out, and taped them to the bags.

The Chinese services will be much more time-and-cost-optimized if you use their on-hand parts, of course.

- Dave