[sdiy] Best chinese PCB manufacturer (cheap and fast) to Canada and USA ?

Brian Willoughby brianw at audiobanshee.com
Wed Aug 25 21:51:08 CEST 2021

I try to use domestic fabrication houses, although sometimes they outsource anyway.

The reason is that TSA can arbitrarily delay shipments for any amount of time. I had one client who ordered my designs from China and got fast service every time except one. For that one shipment, the PCBs were delayed a month or more with no recourse. Of course, this was a shipment where my client wanted to make production products for customers, so they had to all suffer the delay.

Granted, I have the luxury of living in King County, Washington, where there have been multiple domestic PCB fabs for a while. It's more expensive, but the delays are predictable - especially when you can pick up the boards in person if you need to.

For orders where unpredictable timing is not an issue, I use OSHPark or Advanced Circuits. They source from wherever, and I let them handle the sourcing. There are plenty of other options that are even cheaper, but I would be concerned that random delays would occur.

Brian