[sdiy] Transition to Lead-Free Hand Soldering

Neil Johnson neil.johnson71 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 15:26:45 CEST 2021

Hi,

Mike Beauchamp wrote:
> I've recently started transitioning into Lead-Free solder for all of my
> projects.
.
.
.
> Have you converted to lead-free in your hobby as well? I'm curious to
> hear others' suggestions and experiences.

Both professionally and at home I've mostly moved to lead-free, using
leaded for repairs on old equipment.

Currently using a roll of Multicore 99C 0.7mm:
https://uk.farnell.com/multicore-loctite/5029725-m/solder-wire-lead-free-0-7mm-250g/dp/5091032?ost=5091032

No change in iron temperature between leaded and lead-free, and quite
honestly I haven't noticed any major differences.
Anything to be sold is put together with lead-free.

Neil