[sdiy] Digital encoders missing codes in many devices - why?

MTG grant at musictechnologiesgroup.com
Sat Aug 21 19:47:11 CEST 2021

What was the Dave Smith encoder debacle all about (and solution)? This
was quite a while ago, I don't even remember what synth it was.

Someone in this thread also mentioned current and pull-up resistors. I
think Moog had an issue around the time of the MemoryMoog or maybe the
Source where the panel switches were oxidizing and getting intermittent.
The ECO was to reduce the pullup resistor value substantially.

GB