[sdiy] Transition to Lead-Free Hand Soldering

Adam Inglis (synthDIY) synthdiy at adambaby.com
Sat Aug 21 12:54:36 CEST 2021

The reference you quote is dated August 2005.
It talks about the contribution of tin-lead (SnPb) solder to ozone depletion and acid rain (among other things). Even global warming gets a mention.

I’m not an expert in this field but it sounds more like a PhD pitch than hard evidence? And it does have that modern ring of alarmism…

sorry, maybe I’ve got alarm-fatigue..

(another relatively modern ailment)