[sdiy] Transition to Lead-Free Hand Soldering

Mattias Rickardsson mr at analogue.org
Fri Aug 20 08:52:46 CEST 2021

Tom Bugs via Synth-diy <synth-diy at synth-diy.org> skrev:

> ... I use Metcal irons so have a fixed tip temperature. It works well for
> me

Thanks Tom, this is an important detail. When everyone's lead-free
soldering solutions (which I much appreciate) include raising the
temperature (even up to hilarious numbers expressed in non-SI units;), it
makes me wonder what to do with a fixed-temperature setup.

Any other tips (no pun intended) on lead-free solders that work well
without a change in temperature setting? :-)

/mr  -  happy OKi/Metcal solder soldier