[sdiy] Need goog working rotary encoder in C code..

Jean-Pierre Desrochers jpdesroc at oricom.ca
Fri Aug 6 17:46:56 CEST 2021

Hi everybody.

I’m doing some tests on a rotary encoder and a PIC16F1783.

A standard Bourns encoder like THIS <https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjyoqDF3JzyAhUmhOAKHf3lAzoQFnoECAoQAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bourns.com%2FPDFs%2Fpec11l.pdf&usg=AOvVaw2RyieyzPnujiOTS7LBcbpw>  .

Connected using 2 x 10k pullups with 0.01uf caps to ground

to PORTB of the micro. Interrupt calls (falling edges) used on encoder pins A & B.

I struggled so far to get clean increments/decrements out of it.

Many missing counts occur..

I tried many source codes on the web with no luck..

Is there anybody who’d have worked on this in the past
and have a working c code ?

No ARDIUNO please.

Thanks !