[sdiy] Transition to Lead-Free Hand Soldering

Ingo Debus igg.debus at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 16:40:43 CEST 2021

> Am 19.08.2021 um 21:45 schrieb Mike Beauchamp <list at mikebeauchamp.com>:
>
> Have you converted to lead-free in your hobby as well? I'm curious to hear others' suggestions and experiences.

+1 for using leadfree solder here. At work I’m using almost only leadfree solder for hand-soldering, and honestly, I don’t think I could tell it from leaded solder in a blind test. This is solder with silver in it, things might be different with solder without silver (which is a lot cheaper).
Also, I don’t change the tip temperature for different types of solder. It’s always at 350 °C. If solder is splattering, something’s awfully wrong.

Ingo