[sdiy] Simulator for The Oscilloscope Artist

Terry Bowman ka4hjh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 02:03:22 CEST 2021

> On Aug 9, 2021, at 5:41 PM, Dave Brown <davebr at modularsynthesis.com> wrote:
>
> https://worldradiohistory.com/Popular-Electronics-Guide.htm <https://worldradiohistory.com/Popular-Electronics-Guide.htm>

Sadly, the quality isn't high enough. I need new, much higher-resolution scans from the printed article. The existing line art is ridiculously blurry and the de-screened photos are just plain lousy. I know better now.

If anyone else has the magazine in a pile somewhere I can explain exactly what I need. A 1200dpi scanner built into a printer will work.

I know I've seen that magazine around here somewhere in just the last year. Or has it been two? The last twelve or eighteen months are partially lost in the COVID lockdown haze.

> I believe our board is from Dixon.
> https://vintagetek.org/oscilloscope-artist/ <https://vintagetek.org/oscilloscope-artist/>
Based on the connectors for the pots I'd guess that it is. I can't find a free Gerber viewer for the Mac that can open any of Phil's files. McCAD GerberViewer running in "Lite" mode says that the silkscreen file is too large.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com

“...the book said something astonishing, a very big thought. The stars, it said, were suns but very far away. The Sun was a star but close up.”—Carl Sagan, "The Backbone Of Night", Cosmos, 1980