[sdiy] Decent 192kHz USB audio-interface

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Fri Apr 30 02:15:12 CEST 2021

Every mic preamp ADC I know of, including several I've designed myself which I won't plug here, primarily rely on the ADC itself to set the frequency response.  The AFE usually has a 3dB point of around 80kHz or higher so as not to affect the overall phase response, then drops like a stone to avoid any RF getting to the ADC.

Also AKM and Cirrus ADCs seem to stick to a 40kHz bandwidth at 192kHz sampling so it may only be ESS or custom equipped units that can do 80kHz.