[sdiy] Decent 192kHz USB audio-interface

Richie Burnett rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Thu Apr 29 12:43:54 CEST 2021

Can anyone recommend a decent external USB audio interface that's capable of
sampling at 192kHz in record and playback?

This is a bit off topic, but it's still audio related! ;-)  Some of my
colleagues do underwater acoustic communications work and have been using a
"Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi HD 24-bit 96KHz USB Audio Interface" with
great success to record and playback ultrasonic signals up to 44kHz.  Now
they are wanting to do similar up to around 80kHz so I'm looking for an
external audio interface capable of sampling at 192kHz with an analogue
bandwidth out to around 80kHz.

The only application I'm aware of that requires this sort of analogue
bandwidth is the delivery of composite FM stereo multiplex from studio to
transmitter site over IP.  So, I know it is possible, but wanted to avoid
buying lots of audio interfaces and testing them to see which are good to
80kHz!

Any tips/pointers/experience good or bad would be much appreciated.
Off-list is fine if high-bandwidth audio is not considered to be of interest
to others.

Many thanks in advance,

-Richie,

https://www.avg.com