[sdiy] touch-sensitive switches - how?

Chris McDowell declareupdate at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 22:44:04 CEST 2021

There are also capacitive touch ICs with direct outputs on pins, like you touch and the pin goes high. I've used them, they work totally fine. You could reasonably hook one up to an analog switch and have it be micro-less. I have microcontrollers in the majority of products, and would choose a chip with I2C output normally.

For instance:

https://www.holtek.com/documents/10179/116677/B01-BSI-2014A4-BS813A-1.pdf <https://www.holtek.com/documents/10179/116677/B01-BSI-2014A4-BS813A-1.pdf>

Holtek makes some higher channel versions, too. Just grabbed this one quick as an example.

Cheers,
Chris