[sdiy] touch-sensitive switches - how?

John Speth johnspeth at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 27 21:57:00 CEST 2021

On 4/27/2021 11:50 AM, Neil Harper via Synth-diy wrote:
> how are touch-sensitive switches like the ones on this done?:
Probably capacitance sensing done by a microcontroller. Cypress Capsense
methods have been around for at least a decade. Cypress Capsense
applications are pretty easy to get running.
> i see that a few microcontrollers like the teensy have capacitance touch
> pins, but i'm wondering if things like sequencer are done all discrete?

I doubt that a modern device with 16 touch pads would be cost effective
using the discrete implementation. A microcontroller would make more sense.

JJS