[sdiy] tinnitus (WAS Lossless synthesizer demos)

Aaron B. aaron at zadzmo.org
Mon Apr 26 17:12:29 CEST 2021

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 20:35:25 +0000
"Bernard Arthur Hutchins, Jr via Synth-diy" <synth-diy at synth-diy.org>
wrote:

> Since the subject of “ordinary tinnitus” (HF; say 5 kHz – 10 kHz) has appeared here as a topic, please humor me in allowing mention of the “World-Wide Hum” (WWH, sometimes Taos Hum, etc.) which is a mysterious LF hum (like an idling diesel engine in the distance - perhaps 30 Hz to 100Hz – I hear 64 Hz), often 24/7/365, the exact nature and cause of which is largely unknown.

I've definitely heard this. Camping at Bandolier National Momument in
August 2016 it kept me up all night. Heard it again briefly at Chaco
Canyon a few days later. I've never heard it before that trip, and
haven't since.

Add the famous Taos Hum, these are all sites with significant Indigeous
settlements. I don't claim that it's anything beyond a weird
coincidence - but it's a coincidence I found fascinating.

--
Aaron B. <aaron at zadzmo.org>