[sdiy] tinnitus (WAS Lossless synthesizer demos)

Adam Inglis (synthDIY) synthdiy at adambaby.com
Sat Apr 24 09:40:54 CEST 2021

> On 24 Apr 2021, at 4:20 pm, cheater cheater <cheater00social at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I feel like the Müller maneuver will pull out stuff that might be
> stuck in the inner ear. Maybe it also temporarily changes the form of
> the inner ear which gives it a bit of a "workout". I believe the hair
> cells are mobile, so if they become misaligned maybe that's one
> possible reason for tinnitus. Either way worth a try at least.

I would respectfully disagree with the above assessment, and warn that the manoeuvres mentioned all carry some risk e.g. messing around with high pressures in the upper airways can actually push infectious material into the middle ear cavity via the Eustachian tube and cause  otitis media.
I’m not giving specific medical advice but just a general caution (usual disclaimer yada yada)

Sorry for the OT