[sdiy] [AH] Lossless synthesizer demos?

Adam Inglis (synthDIY) synthdiy at adambaby.com
Sat Apr 24 04:35:05 CEST 2021

> On 24 Apr 2021, at 11:40 am, Didier Leplae via Synth-diy <synth-diy at synth-diy.org> wrote:
>
> I’m curious how this works. My wife has tinnitus. Did you do Müller’s maneuvre with a doctor?

My understanding is that manoeuvre only changes the person’s perception of the tinnitus, it does nothing to “cure” it. A likely scenario is that there was a blocked Eustachian tube, and the manoeuvre simply unblocked it, thus restoring normal pressure to the middle ear, where the ossicles are. Tinnitus (in  most cases) arises in the inner ear (cochlear) - and yes there are a lot of rare exceptions.
Tinnitus is common, but when it becomes pathological it’s often due to a myriad of complex interconnected factors, not least being psychological (stress, depression).

(hospital emergency dept doctor - but not an otolaryngologist!!)