[sdiy] Calibration procedures for digital CV modules?

Patrick Dowling pld at gurkenkiste.com
Thu Apr 22 12:06:42 CEST 2021

Yeah, having a calibration point per octave is easy to implement (see o_C or Yarns) but actually calibrating it gets tedious pretty quickly, unless you can set up some automation loop (serial port to module, multimeter with USB, etc.)
You can reduce the effort somewhat by first calibrating -10V, 0V and 10V and generating a (hopefully) better set of initial per-octave values than the theoretical values. That table might even be “good enough”, it’ll probably depend on the output scaling tolerances, etc.

I like the idea of it being mostly self-calibrating with a loopback from DAC->ADC but it is a bit chicken-eggy.

You can maybe get away with integer math by using fixed point?