[sdiy] Upper felt stopper for Roland RS-202

Benjamín Velasco guatis at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 17:01:59 CEST 2021

Thank you all for the answers. I'll take the DIY route you suggested. My
main concern was that these felts we are talking about were made of some
special material but it seems it's plain woollen felt. I'll check Ebay


El jue, 15 abr 2021 a las 15:20, Brian Willoughby (<brianw at audiobanshee.com>)

> Looks like it would be helpful to get adhesive-backed felt, otherwise
> you'll need to buy double-sided tape as well.
> My local craft store has many colors of adhesive-backed felt, but it's
> rectangular and needs to be cut to shape. I've only used it for
> non-keyboard repairs, so I can't comment on how long it might last.
> Brian
> On Apr 15, 2021, at 07:34, Benjamín Velasco via Synth-diy <
> synth-diy at synth-diy.org> wrote:
> > Hi Kenny, thanks for the quick answer. I meant the felt that goes
> attached to the keyboard frame. Actually there are two strips that perform
> this function (upper stop). One goes on top of a metal bar attached to the
> frame, facing downwards and damps and stops the vertical movement of the
> white keys (contacting a flap at the end of each white key). This is 2.5mm
> thick and 7mm wide. The other one is beneath the frame, also facing
> downwards and stops the vertical movement of the black keys. This one is
> 1.5mm thick.
> >
> > Here is a picture of the white felt i need to replace (the black is
> fine).
> >
> > https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fj3zvfpeh65b92/IMG_20210414_211415_1.jpg?dl=0
> >
> > I'll check the felt you mentioned. Thanks for the answer
> > .

*Benjamín Velasco Ossandón*
Cel. 96344468
Casa. 27162400
Oficina. 29254154
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://synth-diy.org/pipermail/synth-diy/attachments/20210416/31ecd711/attachment.htm>

More information about the Synth-diy mailing list