[sdiy] Question for those with musical ears

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Fri Apr 16 11:37:01 CEST 2021

+1 agree. Good point, Gordon.

There are specific situations like this where stepping is much more noticeable.

There’s a design decision to be made over whether you choose to make something that’s good enough for all reasonable musical uses, or something that doesn’t produce audible artefacts in any situation. That’s a continuum and you choose where you think you need to be based on the criteria that are important to you (like “available hardware”, “cost”, “development time” etc etc).

Tom