[sdiy] Question for those with musical ears

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Fri Apr 16 11:36:56 CEST 2021

Haven't noticed this yet but good point and I'm doing nothing to avoid it so obviously need to.

I do check the frequency bins as I slide the window along and if a pair of bins are at one frequency with the one between them off I do force it back to the same frequency.  But maybe I need to look at it on a wider basis, perhaps with a low pass filter on the bin results, although the problem then could be human voices are capable of remarkable continuous (i.e. not staccato) shifts in pitch in next to no time so need to avoid slurring it.

What sort of time period are we talking about for the jitter frequency in this 'trill' ?

Many Thanks

Mike