[sdiy] Upper felt stopper for Roland RS-202

Brian Willoughby brianw at audiobanshee.com
Thu Apr 15 21:20:03 CEST 2021

Looks like it would be helpful to get adhesive-backed felt, otherwise you'll need to buy double-sided tape as well.

My local craft store has many colors of adhesive-backed felt, but it's rectangular and needs to be cut to shape. I've only used it for non-keyboard repairs, so I can't comment on how long it might last.


On Apr 15, 2021, at 07:34, Benjamín Velasco via Synth-diy <synth-diy at synth-diy.org> wrote:
> Hi Kenny, thanks for the quick answer. I meant the felt that goes attached to the keyboard frame. Actually there are two strips that perform this function (upper stop). One goes on top of a metal bar attached to the frame, facing downwards and damps and stops the vertical movement of the white keys (contacting a flap at the end of each white key). This is 2.5mm thick and 7mm wide. The other one is beneath the frame, also facing downwards and stops the vertical movement of the black keys. This one is 1.5mm thick.
> Here is a picture of the white felt i need to replace (the black is fine).
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fj3zvfpeh65b92/IMG_20210414_211415_1.jpg?dl=0
> I'll check the felt you mentioned. Thanks for the answer
> .

More information about the Synth-diy mailing list