[sdiy] Upper felt stopper for Roland RS-202

Steve Lenham steve at bendentech.co.uk
Thu Apr 15 17:06:36 CEST 2021

Sorry to hijack this slightly, but I have been meaning to ask for a
while: does anyone know whether/where it is possible to get similar
replacement felts for Fatar mechanisms?

I have a lovely GEM Promega3 e-piano with a weighted Fatar mechanism. It
was heavily used by its previous owner and the keys dropping sound like
hailstones on a corrugated bitumen roof ;-)

Yamaha DO sell replacement felts - I refurbished the keybed in my
previous Yamaha digital piano with new felts (made by Yamaha but bought
off eBay) and it made a huge difference. But the Fatar ones are slightly
different, of course.

Cheers,

Steve L.
Benden Sound Technology