[sdiy] Upper felt stopper for Roland RS-202

Kenny Balys kenny at beatkamp.com
Thu Apr 15 02:57:57 CEST 2021

Do you mean that felt strip that goes over top of the beginning of
the metal bars attached to the plastic keys?

If so, I have cut those strips out from felt cloth from the local
cloth / leather supplier. This works ok.

You can also get the piano muting felt but I find most of
that stuff is either too thick or too short.

I recently made a felt strip for my Jupiter-4 from felt cloth cut
to be "Beinwicklung" from the medieval clothing supplier:


This felt is perfect for the task. That is, perfect if I
have understood your need correctly.

On 15.04.21 24:39 , Benjamín Velasco via Synth-diy wrote:
>    Sorry! I meant 2.5 mm thick and 7mm wide. These are the actual measurements.
> I believe it could be the same keybed as the SH series synths
> El mié, 14 abr 2021 a las 20:20, Benjamín Velasco (<guatis at gmail.com
> <mailto:guatis at gmail.com>>) escribió:
>     Hi guys
>     Anyone could point me to where I could get a replacement for the upper felt
>     stopper of my Roland RS202 string machine? The strings are very clacky when
>     released (not when pressed) The felt seems like 2mm thick and 5mm wide.
>     thanks!
>     --
>     *Benjamín Velasco Ossandón*
>     Cel. 96344468
>     Casa. 27162400
>     Oficina. 29254154
> --
> *Benjamín Velasco Ossandón*
> Cel. 96344468
> Casa. 27162400
> Oficina. 29254154

More information about the Synth-diy mailing list