[sdiy] Question for those with musical ears

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Thu Apr 15 02:45:59 CEST 2021

Yes I saw the Wikipedia entry, but I’ve seen other articles saying those with perfect pitch can determine a cent change.  But this would need 12000 discrete steps which does sound unlikely.

Beats don’t matter in my case – it’s actually analysing a signal input so I need to know how many bins are needed to handle a glissando such that it sounds the same on reconstruction.