[sdiy] Pole Mixing (with Resonance)

Mattias Rickardsson mr at analogue.org
Sat Apr 10 16:07:29 CEST 2021

Great web app! Also great timing - I've spent some of the last weeks
simulating similar pole mixing in LTSpice. Now if the results get useful it
will seem like I just nicked the ideas from the internets! ;-)

Please do try implementing the bandpass feedback suggestions (there are two
of them - 2-pole and 4-pole bandpass feedback) from the AN701 application
note for the SSI2164 quad VCA.

It seems like the HP modes are still messed up, but not as severely as with
conventional feedback. I'm actually a bit surprised how bad it looks - does
the Xpander/Matrix-12 really have these problems with several of their
filter modes when resonance is turned up? Having perfect response only at
zero resonance leaves some room for improvement to say the least. I always
expected them to be mathematically perfect, but hardly ever tried them out.
:-)

/mr