[sdiy] Pole Mixing

David Moylan dave at expeditionelectronics.com
Fri Apr 9 20:03:46 CEST 2021

Hi Brian.  This was inspired by the Xpander/Matrix filter but is more of
a general exploratory tool at this point.  I think most of the names
overlap but there are definitely some not implemented on the Obies, such
as HP4 and the double notch curves.  Those require all 4 poles plus a
dry signal and the Obies don't have that capability.  The curves are
calculated on the fly from the theoretical transfer functions.

I'm in algebra hell right now trying to work the math out to handle the
feedback signal.  It would be a lot easier with no dry signal but once
you start mixing that in you get different denominators that have to be
resolved and suddenly I'm looking at 8th order polynomials :(

--
David Moylan
Expedition Electronics