[sdiy] Pole Mixing

Brian Willoughby brianw at audiobanshee.com
Fri Apr 9 19:53:49 CEST 2021

This is excellent! Thank you for sharing this online.

As a Matrix-12 owner, I appreciate the list of presets that cover the available modes. It looks like you've even included some modes that aren't available in the Oberheim. Is that correct?

Did you use impulse response measurements to obtain the frequency response?

The reason I ask is that I wrote a macOS CoreAudio application that can load various AudioUnit plugins and measure their frequency response by simply feeding a short, 1-sample impulse into the plugin and doing a Fourier transform on the result. This only works for pure LTI (Linear Time-Invariant) plugins, but it's spot-on for those that fall into the category (i.e. no distortion or envelope-controlled dynamics).

Brian