[sdiy] Pole Mixing

David Moylan dave at expeditionelectronics.com
Fri Apr 9 18:50:14 CEST 2021

Working out the algebra to handle the feedback signal made me realize
something about the Xpander implementation.  Rather than including a mix
of the true dry input signal needed for certain modes, the Xpander
switches the first integrator essentially into a buffer.   This makes
the mix from the first integrator section a "dry" signal and the rest of
the transfer function is then 3 pole based.   That means the feedback
signal in that structure, for those modes, is also a 3 pole low pass
signal instead of the 4 pole low pass when the integrator is engaged.

Makes me curious about how that will effect the transfer functions with
feedback applied.   Will maybe have to set up a new page dedicated to
the exact Xpander structure after I get this feedback signal worked out
for the original app. Down a rabbit hole...

David Moylan
Expedition Electronics
sonic adventures!