[sdiy] ARP Axxe sliders set

mark verbos markverbos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 12:45:58 CEST 2021

Francesco,

The original ones are from CTS and long out of production. They were used in Buchlas and Urei equalizers. They are and always were garbage. You can take them apart and clean with alcohol and then re-lube them to get them working again.  Or in the case of an Axe or Odyssey you can soak the entire PCB in alcohol and then scrub with a big soft brush and re-lube the sliders. I have not personally done it, but I have seen it done successfully. There are Chinese clones out there. They also feel terrible and will probably break very quickly, so a very accurate reproduction! You can usually find them on ebay. I have also made a small PCB that hasthe holes for one of those and the holes for an ALPS 45mm slider so you can put the ALPS one in its place. Sadly, getting those ALPS ones in tapers and values is not easy.

Mark

PS. I hate the way that all senders are “synth-diy at synth-diy.org <mailto:synth-diy at synth-diy.org> now. It really messes with my ability to skim content.