[sdiy] Possible 4 channels scope.. Siglent SDS1104X (-U or -E)

Vladimir Pantelic vladoman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 21:05:41 CEST 2021

On 06.04.21 18:05, Aaron B. wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 09:50:57 +0200
> Roman Sowa <modular at go2.pl> wrote:
>
>> Around that time when this HP scope came out there was clear demarcation
>> - any sane engineer gets a Tektronix scope and HP spectrum analyzer. If
>> HP made a scope and Tek an analyzer, it was just for laughs.
>

> I actually missed out on a good condition HP 3580A spectrum analyzer by
> $5 on eBay recently.
>
> Are there good new model spectrum analyzers out there, specifically in
> the audio range? Most everything I can find is geared towards
> microwave and/or only gets to 10khz on the low end.

I have an R&S FSEB that goes down to 20Hz - besides going up to 7GHz,
yay overtones :) but doing audio with it is kind of a pain as the sweep
takes ages. sadly it does not have the FFT filter option installed that
would speed that up.

I guess these days you'd go for a dedicated "audio analyzer" rather than
an SA - or just use a decent audio interface...